A Journey Worth Taking
Wafaa Elshawarbi: Transfer Recruitment Director
Recruiting beautiful minds.
- Transfer Weekend Coordinator (May)
- Facilitate the Transfer Mentorship virtual program for future Transfers (Fall)
- Establish strong partnerships with community colleges through Northern and Southern CA to build resources and connections.
- Establish a relationship with the Ooffice of Undergraduate Admissions, Transfer Student Center, and bridges Transfer Director
Austin Moon: Transfer Retention Director
Retaining beautiful minds.
- Co-Manage the internship program/seminar with the Retention Director
- Provide a digest of resources that cater to transfer students' holistic retention (e.g. graduate school resources, fellowships)
- Provide resources and support to help transfer students transition smoothly to life at UCB
- Research, compile, and publicize resources for transfer students.
MRRC Fellowship Program
APP LINK: bit.ly/mrrcfellowsapp19
APP DEADLINE (EXTENDED): SUN 9/22 11:59pm
WE NEED MORE TRANSFER FELLOWS!
Interested in contributing to our work recruiting, retaining and empowering students of multicultural heritage? Then apply from now through 9/17 to join the team as a fellow!
Find out more about different fellowship opportunities available here: bit.ly/mrrcfellows.
Questions? Email MRRC Retention Director Kate Medina at firstname.lastname@example.org
Transfer Mentorship Program: Mentors
Mixed at Berkeley Recruitment and Retention Center is excited to announce its first annual Community College Mentorship Program! This advising mentorship is intended for recruiting mixed and underrepresented students of color into higher education. MRRC will be coordinating the mentor-mentee match and have group events, but the mentor and mentee will be able to set up their own meeting times and locations. (Mentees interested who are currently in Community College, apps for you will be launched Monday, Sept 23, 2019)
To help support you for volunteering for this mentorship, we will also be offering and giving you a chance to earn one of (5) five $200 scholarships to selected mentors who show outstanding progress and support for their mentees, which will be selected at the end of the mentorship by the Transfer Recruitment Director.
Extended info at: https://tinyurl.com/ccappinfo
Application due Friday, October 6th at 11:59PM
If you have any questions about the application please contact us at: email@example.com